Sunday, August 18, 2019

An Unlikely Journey by Julian Castro

An Unlikely Journey: Waking Up from My American DreamAn Unlikely Journey: Waking Up from My American Dream by Julian Castro
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is entirely a memoir and has no policy whatsoever. As a memoir, it’s cute, but it entirely skips his winning election for Mayor, and his time as Mayor, which is the period of time he is best known for. Additionally, that period of time is the time when he started developing a relationship with President Obama which ultimately led to his position on the cabinet for HUD.

I was pleasantly surprised by the HUD program to help homeless veterans pay for housing that was able to give vouchers to every homeless veteran that qualified and wanted help. Impressive work.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...