Monday, December 14, 2020

Secrets of the Heart: Poems and Meditations by Kahlil Gibran

Secrets of the Heart: Poems and MeditationsSecrets of the Heart: Poems and Meditations by Kahlil Gibran
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Allegories and poems about philosophy and religion. They vary in quality and interest. Mostly I liked the misanthropic hermit at the beginning. He's like a jerky Buddhist. I also liked "John the Madman" about the difference between real Christianity and false Christianity. There's a story about saving Satan and mermaids judging mankind. A lot of the mostly Christian philosophy (but also Muslim and Buddhist philosophy) resonated with me, but I didn't feel like I gained any new insights.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...