Monday, February 23, 2015

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I liked this book because it gave access to a nonverbal character that thinks and feels totally differently than other people. That said, I've been leaning towards books that embrace the spiritual lately (Gilead, End of the Affair, etc.) and this books atheist underpinnings left me a little cold. I get that the character himself might not be able to process spirituality, it's pretty difficult for me too actually, but at a certain point it limits the character in a way that might be unfair to people with autism. How do you grapple and believe in the possibility of something as surprising as the possibility of parallel universes, but dismiss the possibility of God without also grappling with it? I thought the book was interesting and cute, but like I said, it left something to be desired.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...