Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Women Who Run With the Wolves by Clarissa Pinkola Estés

Women Who Run With the Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman ArchetypeWomen Who Run With the Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estés
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I read this because Emma Watson's (United Nations Women) feminist book club chose it for this month's selection. I love the book club, but I did not love this book. I could see how some women might find it valuable, but it just wasn't my jam.

It told some scary fairytales and then asserted that these were a feminist balm for your sexist wounds. But I don't actually think so. For example, "La Llorona" seems to be about not being evil just because you're wounded or sad.

Also, the author blatantly overused the word "moist." Just unnecessary.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...