Friday, February 5, 2016

The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Díaz

The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar WaoThe Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Díaz
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I love this novel. Despite the fact that the book is a Pulitizer Prize winner, I had heard some negative things, and I wasn't expecting to like it that much. I love it. Junot Diaz is amazing and I refuse to even debate that with anyone until he or she reads this book. Not only are the characters completely formed people but the way they relate to each other is totally real. The story itself operates on so many levels, the real, the political, the magical, and the spiritual. Did I mention I love this novel? Also... I suspect "fuku".... bad language alert... is just "fuck you" with a Spanish accent.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...