Wednesday, May 3, 2017

We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

We Should All Be FeministsWe Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is a short book about the basics of feminism, which the author explains with much humor and kindness.

I especially like when she discusses that oppression based on class does not negate oppression based on gender. To my eyes, though most do not agree with me, the most recent American election played class off gender to the ultimate detriment of the poor, the middle class, and women. It would be great to hear her talk more about how the oppression of one group contributes to the oppression of other groups.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...