Thursday, September 14, 2017

Based on a True Story by Norm Macdonald

Based on a True StoryBased on a True Story by Norm Macdonald
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I picked this one up because I saw Norm MacDonald's Netflix standup special. The special got some mixed reviews, including from MacDonald. I've been going through a tough time because my mother is progressively getting worse from terminal kidney cancer and MacDonald's dark humor about life really struck a chord with me.

So this week, my mother switched to hospice care, and I turned to MacDonald's book to get away from all the heavy stuff I've been reading but also to get some dark laughs in. Gotta laugh or go crazy right?

My dad died from the same kind of cancer in 2010, which is what originally kicked off my reading extravaganza as I attempted to read all the books he left behind (still in progress).

Okay back to MacDonald's book. It's one of these comedian memoirs that are so popular now but MacDonald invents a new genre. It's like nonfiction-fiction comedy-noir autobiography. It's probably not everyone's taste but it helped me pass some time pleasantly in a bad time.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...