Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Antimatter by Frank Close

AntimatterAntimatter by Frank Close
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is a very short book about antimatter, but it took me a really long time to read because it was very difficult to understand in places. The beginning gave the impression of being more of a popular science book with lots of bad jokes and whatnot but things grew in complexity to the point where I was rereading certain sentences again and again. I don't regret reading it because its specificity to antimatter makes it different than the more general physics material I've read (like when I read that book on black holes, The Black Hole War: My Battle with Stephen Hawking to Make the World Safe for Quantum Mechanics), but it was tough going.

It's also almost 10 years out of date now, so if I really want to know about antimatter, I'm going to have to update myself on the more recent discoveries.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...