Friday, January 11, 2013

The Areas of My Expertise by John Hodgman

The Areas of My ExpertiseThe Areas of My Expertise by John Hodgman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I read this because my husband owns the book but sadly I didn't think it was as funny as he did. This might be might fault, I think some of the jokes flew right over my head.

I like the fictional almanac concept. I always thought almanacs were really weird (though appealing in their weirdness) and Hodgman basically uses roasting the almanac as his humor vehicle here.

I especially liked the literature jokes, but the hobo section was extensive, as was the states section. The book relied a lot on tables and long lists (700 hobo names for example). Just wow.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...