Sunday, April 1, 2018

Status Anxiety by Alain de Botton

Status AnxietyStatus Anxiety by Alain de Botton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoy most books with an anti-consumerist bent, and this was no exception. Alain de Botton also talks a lot about great books that try to understand the meaning of life without reference to empty status. I'd read some of them and added the rest to my to-read list.

The problem of status, particularly with regards to consumer items is a bit unresolved. If we all lost interest in buying things, I'm afraid of what would happen to the economy. In this though, I am my own comfort, because however much I turn up my nose at the empty accumulation of "stuff" it keeps magically appearing in my house and needing to be decluttered. I suspect that the economy will be just fine for now.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...