Friday, April 13, 2018

Medea by Euripides

MedeaMedea by Euripides
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

So many amazing lines!

“Better a humble heart, a lowly life. Untouched by greatness let me live - and live. Not too little, not too much: there safety lies.”

“For of mortals, there is no one who is happy. If wealth flows in upon one, one may be perhaps Luckier than one’s neighbor, but still not happy.”

“And I do not fear to say that those who are held Wise among men and who search the reasons of things Are those who bring the most sorrow on themselves.”

And though this quote remains mostly true, I wonder how much Judaism and Christianity changed the balance of this:
“It's human; we all put self-interest first.”


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...