Thursday, May 31, 2018

Cinderella Ate My Daughter by Peggy Orenstein

Cinderella Ate My Daughter: Dispatches from the Frontlines of the New Girlie-Girl CultureCinderella Ate My Daughter: Dispatches from the Frontlines of the New Girlie-Girl Culture by Peggy Orenstein
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Interesting look at how marketing is affecting very young girls and how recent these developments have been. My daughter is 4 and she's obsessed with pink and princesses. We didn't have any idea where it was coming from. My favorite color as a child was crayon green and I was obsessed with Smurfs and Gummi Bears. My mother actively hated pink as a child. We don't even have television shows with commercials in our home since the kids mostly just watch Netflix. She also always got her brother's hand-me-down toys in addition to some more girly toys her family gave her. I think she just got signals from her toys and other little girls?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...