Tuesday, May 8, 2018

White Teeth by Zadie Smith

White TeethWhite Teeth by Zadie Smith
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I like the main characters and I like the *idea* of the interactions between the main characters: Alfred Hortense Archibald Jones, Clara Jones (especially Clara), Irie Ambrosia Jones, Samad Iqbal, Alsana Begum, Magid Iqbal, and Millat Iqbal. The first family is part native English and part Jamaican immigrant, the second family is Bangladeshi-English. And Smith writes really well. So right at the beginning, it seems like this will be an amazing book.

But then the story starts meandering, and then more and more characters and relationships get piled on, and suddenly we're exploring genetically-altered mice. And I just wanted it to end for so many pages.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...