Sunday, November 25, 2018

Thus Spoke Zarathustra by Friedrich Nietzsche

Thus Spoke ZarathustraThus Spoke Zarathustra by Friedrich Nietzsche
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

There are many interesting little thoughts in here, but I had some issues. One is that I found the language very cumbersome. I looked at two different translations so I don't think it was the translations' fault precisely, but I think the issues originated from Nietzsche trying to sound grand like in a religious text.

Also, this is neither a nonfiction philosophical work where ideas are organized in a logical way and then reasoned through for readers nor is it a true work of fiction such as in Siddhartha. It's sort of a hybrid. Zarathustra was apparently a historical person, and this book is pretty much, as the title suggests, Zarathrustra just talking about his philosophy. That was... okay.

Maybe if I learn more about the work and then return to it, I'll be better able to understand it and therefore like it better?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...