Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Then We Came to the End by Joshua Ferris

Then We Came to the EndThen We Came to the End by Joshua Ferris
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I highlighted a million sentences in this book. I loved the characters, even and especially the ones I disliked. Lynn the boss! Benny who tells stories all day! Marcia! Joe! Joe!! Amber! Jim! Carl! Hank! Even Karen, but not really Tom. It takes a while to get to know the characters though because they're trying to figure each other out. I loved the plot, though there wasn’t exactly a plot. The plot was life. And work. And death. And more life.

This took me a long time because I accidentally listened to the abridged audiobook. I don’t believe in abridged books of any kind, and I discovered my mistake when I finished and was reading reviews on Goodreads. I had to start over with a complete copy. It was slow because sometimes I had to read things I’d already listened to, and sometimes I had to take in totally new information that changed my view of everything. The book was way better in its complete form, but apart from that, it was just a great book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...