Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Jesus by Marcus J. Borg

Jesus: Uncovering the Life, Teachings, and Relevance of a Religious RevolutionaryJesus: Uncovering the Life, Teachings, and Relevance of a Religious Revolutionary by Marcus J. Borg
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

As a young person, I grew up nominally Catholic but was raised with people who held evangelical-style views, even when they were Catholic. Observing their attitudes and behavior, I was more or less pushed away from Christianity. I have been reading a lot of books about religion generally and also Christianity specifically in the last few years, and I read the Bible cover to cover maybe two years ago. This book is written by a serious religious historian, and is exceptionally well-written and reasoned. It also most closely expresses my understanding of Jesus Christ. Thank you so much for recommending this author, Renee Kahl!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...