Sunday, August 25, 2019

Brief Answers to the Big Questions by Stephen Hawking

Brief Answers to the Big QuestionsBrief Answers to the Big Questions by Stephen Hawking
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoyed this collection of Hawking's last essays on "the big questions." But 1) skip all the introductions, 2) I wish scientists stopped opining on the concept of God in general on the basis of science specifically. If Hawking were still alive I'd ask, what if God is hiding in a parallel universe but He can see us perfectly well? What if He's inside a black hole? What if God is in all the particles of dark matter? What if He’s the fabric of space-time? What if He's inside us? What if He's the most important metaphor ever created by man come to life? What if He's any combination of those or even something else entirely? What then, Stephen? What could science have to say about any of that?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...