Tuesday, October 15, 2019

The Valedictorian of Being Dead by Heather B. Armstrong

The Valedictorian of Being Dead: The True Story of Dying Ten Times to LiveThe Valedictorian of Being Dead: The True Story of Dying Ten Times to Live by Heather B. Armstrong
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

When I started reading this, I didn't remember at first that this was the mom blogger of Dooce fame. I started reading it purely because of the novel mental health treatment. I was also hoping for a little bit of death philosophy, but there was none of that here. The memoir was very interesting, but a little repetitive, and not at all literary. I know she's written other books, and I would love to read a memoir from her in the future that is more inclusive of her entire life story, including an abridged form of the part of her story in this book. She's extremely interesting and has been through a lot in her life, but I would also like her to have some deep thoughts about what these major life events have meant: leaving her church, the growth of her blog, separating from her husband, the decline of her blog, getting experimental treatment for depression, facing the idea of death.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...