Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Smoke Gets in Your Eyes by Caitlin Doughty

Smoke Gets in Your Eyes: And Other Lessons from the CrematorySmoke Gets in Your Eyes: And Other Lessons from the Crematory by Caitlin Doughty
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Really engaging account of a young woman obsessed with death who takes a job in the mortuary and cremation industry. Doughty also answers a lot of typical questions about the care of a body after death. I've lost loved ones and I was really curious about some of the things she explains. I strongly agree that mourners should have more time to sit with the body immediately after death. A tradition of sitting with the unaltered body afterwards would be highly beneficial to some of us.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...