Wednesday, November 13, 2019

The Fast 800 by Michael Mosley

The Fast 800: How to Combine Rapid Weight Loss and Intermittent Fasting for Long-Term HealthThe Fast 800: How to Combine Rapid Weight Loss and Intermittent Fasting for Long-Term Health by Michael Mosley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

In 2015, I did 5:2 and lost about 15 pounds. I stopped doing the diet and gained back the weight in two years. I lost the weight at the same slow rate as I have on any other diet (WW, Atkins, arbitrary calorie limitation). Back then, time-restricted eating wasn't a big thing but I quickly realized that if I was going to limit to 500 calories I had to put off eating as long as possible. Since I've gained the weight back and read tons of diet and nutrition books, I've come to the conclusion that all diets work, the only really hard part is maintenance. I actually think this is a diet I could stay on forever this time because it only requires Mediterranean-style eating once you reach goal weight and if you don't stop weighing yourself, you can correct small weight gains very quickly.

I like this diet because 1) based on all my reading, it is the most scientifically up-to-date, 2) it's free to implement it, 3) I find it very empowering to be able to skip breakfast and do very low-calorie days but also to be able to easily take days off, 4) I think I might be able to maintain this new form. I advise you to take every single thing he says very seriously though. I even have a friend-support group this time.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...