Sunday, August 28, 2016

Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri

Interpreter of MaladiesInterpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I know this is a the Pulitzer Prize fiction winner for 2000, but let's pretend for a moment that I don't know that. I think this was a solid collection, but not quite up to 5 stars.

I think the short stories "A Temporary Matter" and "This Blessed House," which were both short stories about married couples were my favorite. I would have enjoyed reading more about either couple in a full-length novel, which is maybe more of a complaint than praise when it comes to short stories.

I also really liked "The Treatment of Bibi Haldar," which was a little messed up if you take a feminist reading of it, but real life isn't always very feminist either.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...