Saturday, June 2, 2018

Flamecaster by Cinda Williams Chima

Flamecaster (Shattered Realms, #1)Flamecaster by Cinda Williams Chima
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the first book of the Shattered Realms series, but it's also a continuation of the Seven Realms series. I just finished Seven Realms, so as a continuation of that perfect story, I kind of hate it. But as the beginning of a new series, I like it a lot and I'm excited to read the next one! (Also you don't have to read the first series to understand this one, but I recommend it anyway.)

One of the two main characters, Ash is the second child of Hans and Raisa. We follow his challenging story and the people he meets and cares about on his journey. The other main character is Jenna, an underage coal miner in Arden turned revolutionary against the King of Arden. (Remember the super evil King of Arden from the first series? He hasn't developed any nuance in this one either.)

Solid start!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...