Thursday, June 14, 2018

Hidden Figures by Margot Lee Shetterly

Hidden Figures: The American Dream and the Untold Story of the Black Women Mathematicians Who Helped Win the Space RaceHidden Figures: The American Dream and the Untold Story of the Black Women Mathematicians Who Helped Win the Space Race by Margot Lee Shetterly
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I didn’t like the book at the beginning because I’d seen ads for the movie and thought I would be reading about the individual women. The author doesn’t do a great job writing about the separate characters of the women. As I kept reading though, I began to appreciate the amazing juxtaposition of the women’s developing careers against both civil rights history and science history.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...