Monday, March 9, 2020

Open Book by Jessica Simpson

Open BookOpen Book by Jessica Simpson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The beginning and endings are really interesting and it feels like she's being really honest even about her own shortcomings and secrets. I think there's a lot here for her fans, and for people who worry a lot about their own flaws or unhappiness. But there's also a bit of a disconnect because the rest of us can't, for example, run out to get plastic surgery on our post-pregnancy bellies. But I guess it's good to know that it's useless to compare ourselves to celebrities when they're honest like this.

In general, I think I might not be the right audience for celebrity memoirs because I'm not huge into pop culture, and as much as I try not to, I unfairly compare the writing to more literary memoirs.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...