Thursday, March 24, 2016

Love 2.0 by Barbara L. Fredrickson

Love 2.0: How Our Supreme Emotion Affects Everything We Feel, Think, Do, and BecomeLove 2.0: How Our Supreme Emotion Affects Everything We Feel, Think, Do, and Become by Barbara L. Fredrickson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book explains the scientific underpinnings of "positivity resonance," mindfulness, and meditation. Frederickson's book is more all encompassing than the the Sharon Salzberg book I read recently, "Real Happiness: The Power of Meditation" but supports the usefulness of the practices described in that book.

Also, unlike "Waking Up" by Sam Harris, which I'm currently reading, there is no positive or negative discussion of religion which I think makes it more widely accessible.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...