Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Real Happiness: The Power of Meditation by Sharon Salzberg

Real Happiness: The Power of Meditation Real Happiness: The Power of Meditation by Sharon Salzberg
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I think this is a great book, the meditation exercises make almost an immediate difference. I left off a star because it was a bit boring to get through the beginning and I almost decided to stop reading it. But it actually gets progressively more interesting- both the reading and the practice.

It talks about different types of meditation: 1- Following the breath, 2- Body Scan, 3- Body Sensations 4- Walking Meditation, 5- Meditation of Thoughts or Emotions, 6- Calling up difficult emotions, 7- Lovingkindness. The latter was my favorite and I found it to be the most interesting and helpful so I'm glad I stuck with the book to the end.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...