Monday, July 18, 2016

My Life on the Road by Gloria Steinem

My Life on the RoadMy Life on the Road by Gloria Steinem
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is one of those books that I really want everyone to read. Gloria Steinem talks about her experiences with people she met during her travels from the time of the women's liberation movement in the 1960s to current day. She ties the history of the past to the realities of current day politics. Most importantly, she explains the tie between racism and sexism in the United States, and how abolition, suffrage, the civil rights movement, and women's liberation have been and continue to be linked.

You don't have to agree with everything that Steinem says in order to be greatly enriched by this book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...