Thursday, September 8, 2016

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

The Great GatsbyThe Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I reread this novel for maybe the 4th or 5th time because many people I respect in these matters love this book. Maybe because I read Kevin's copy that is both underlined and highlighted- not sure what the code there was- but I finally appreciate this book a lot more.

Appreciating how well-written the novel is, and liking it, are not exactly the same thing. In fact, now that I appreciate the deeper thoughts behind the action of the story, I find this novel deeply depressing. In this worldview, even if people were better behaved, I suspect they'd still be terribly unhappy. Well, maybe that's right.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...