Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee by Dee Brown

Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee: An Indian History of the American WestBury My Heart at Wounded Knee: An Indian History of the American West by Dee Brown
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is an important book that emphasizes that not only did Americans kill numerous Native Americans in war (which we all knew), but they also committed a number of horrible atrocities, cheated, stole, and lied even in official treaties, and pushed Native Americans onto small pieces of desolate lands ruining their way of life forever. Americans did this over the course of 200 years, basically pursuing a national policy of genocide. So obviously it was excruciating to read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...