Thursday, October 20, 2016

Dreams from My Father by Barack Obama

Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and InheritanceDreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved this memoir. The title is a bit of a misnomer. It should be something like "Dreams of My Family." So interesting to hear about the President's extremely diverse family and how they all interacted. I didn't know that much about his family before. I feel like I got a better sense of who Barack Obama is, in his own words, but since it was written before he ran for Senate there's something very open, revealing, and non-political about how he talks about his experiences and family.

My only criticism is that this book does not contain nearly enough Michelle.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...