Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Yes Please by Amy Poehler

Yes PleaseYes Please by Amy Poehler
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I love this book. It's very unexpected. I actually listened to the audiobook which I strongly recommend because you can hear not just Poehler but also her amazing audiobook guests. Poehler is brilliant and empathetic and has a lot of interesting things to say and good advice. My favorite is, "Your career is a bad boyfriend." Ugh, yeah, mine was an abusive boyfriend for a while. I cried no fewer than three times. Maybe not exactly what she was going for with a humor book, but it's really touching. I also laughed aloud while walking around my neighborhood so now my neighbors might think I'm crazy. It's all good.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...