Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Love's Labour's Lost by William Shakespeare

Love's Labour's LostLove's Labour's Lost by William Shakespeare
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This play has some of my new favorite quotes, including this scene:

BIRON: ... What is the end of study? let me know.
FERDINAND: Why, that to know, which else we should not know.
BIRON: Things hid and barr'd, you mean, from common sense?
FERDINAND: Ay, that is study's godlike recompense.

But it's mostly silliness. The King is courting a princess. His lords are courting her maids. There are some other characters that are even worse. There's some clever and funny stuff but overall, not one of my favorite plays. By the end, I felt just like Biron who says in the final scene, "That's too long for a play."

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...