Monday, November 28, 2016

The Prince by Niccolò Machiavelli

The PrinceThe Prince by Niccolò Machiavelli
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

When people say blanket feel-good things (especially with regards to politics) like "people are fundamentally good" I think, have you lived in this world? Have you at least read some books?

This is a difficult book to rate because Machiavelli does a good job of explaining how autocratic power was attained and kept in the 1500s. 5 stars for that. I took 3 stars off for the immoral horror of the advice given. I didn't take all the stars as a nod to the fact that it is a valuable book to read in terms of understanding the historical context of political manipulation.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...