Friday, December 8, 2017

We Were Eight Years in Power by Ta-Nehisi Coates

We Were Eight Years in Power: An American TragedyWe Were Eight Years in Power: An American Tragedy by Ta-Nehisi Coates
My rating: 54of 5 stars

This book is a collection of 8 previously published essays by Coates. I found the essay about Bill Cosby’s negative activism and the essay about Michelle Obama underwhelming and I wish they weren’t included in the book, or at least not at the beginning of the book. However, the other 6 essays are so phenomenal that even though I’d read some before I found myself wanting to scream in agreement. Possibly the 2017 context of these essays makes them even more powerful- or rather 2017 makes me more open to how correct and powerful the essays have always been.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...