Saturday, April 6, 2019

My Beloved World by Sonia Sotomayor

My Beloved WorldMy Beloved World by Sonia Sotomayor
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The memoir started off slowly as she spent what I thought was an undo amount of time on her childhood. (Spoiler alert: The book ends with her confirmation in 2009, and has only one mention of President Obama, though it's not a significant interaction.) But I got into it about halfway through as I was particularly interested in how her relationship with her family and friends developed, her struggle with diabetes, her legal cases. (I'm a licensed but not practicing attorney.) I was also interested in her personal views on affirmative action, professionalism, and the costs and benefits of giving your life to your career.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...