Tuesday, April 19, 2016

First Bite: How We Learn to Eat by Bee Wilson

First Bite: How We Learn to EatFirst Bite: How We Learn to Eat by Bee Wilson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book is great. It should be part of the human body owners manual. This book wold be especially useful to parents and educators.

A lot of the information at the beginning was repetitive for me, but it got into really interesting information about food-tasting experiments, how culture affects our eating historically (in the US and Japan), how family affects our tastes, and how genetics affects our tastes and eating habits. There's a particular emphasis on getting picky eaters to be less picky- especially children- but also as adults. That said, I'm not a picky eater and my kids aren't very picky either and I still thought this book was fascinating and very useful.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...