Monday, August 28, 2017

Astrophysics for People in a Hurry by Neil deGrasse Tyson

Astrophysics for People in a HurryAstrophysics for People in a Hurry by Neil deGrasse Tyson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was cute though a bit uneven. There were some difficult to understand concepts crammed in the beginning and then just softballs throughout the second half.

For a good physics introduction (which I think was the goal here) I'd recommend Brian Greene's The Fabric of the Cosmos instead. It's a little old now, but you can follow it up with The Hidden Reality if you need all the up-to-date physics as well.

Nonetheless, I can't dislike a short physics book, and this one definitely still taught me some new things. It got a little philosophical at the end which I also enjoyed. Plus I'm a fan of the author as a personality and science advocate.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...