Saturday, August 26, 2017

Meditations by Marcus Aurelius

MeditationsMeditations by Marcus Aurelius
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

There's a lot of Stoicism, which I enjoyed because it strangely resembles Buddhism- and I like both. There were some great thoughts about coping with the idea of death, which he revisited throughout the book. There's also a lot of Marcus Aurelius's Hellenic religion, which I thought was really interesting because his relationship to paganism is so similar to the relationship a lot of Christians have with Christianity.

There was a lot of repetition which I enjoyed less, and at certain point, I started to lose some interest in his aphorisms. This might be my fault for reading this over five days, instead of just reading a few meditations a day for a longer period of time (as my husband suggested).

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...