Thursday, August 10, 2017

The Oregon Trail by Francis Parkman

The Oregon TrailThe Oregon Trail by Francis Parkman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I don't care that he didn't finish the Oregon Trail because I was sufficiently bored that I was glad he just called it quits and went home already. My interest in this book was of the silly childhood variety from playing the computer game of the same name. For that reason, my favorite parts were the parts where they pursued and killed buffalo. I know! I'm ridiculous. The various different Native American (First Nations?) tribes were in themselves super interesting and I think Parkman did try to differentiate between their traditions and culture, but I think he was significantly handicapped in this by his old-timey bias.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...