Thursday, October 5, 2017

All the President's Men by Carl Bernstein, Bob Woodward

All the President's MenAll the President's Men by Carl Bernstein, Bob Woodward
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Having not lived through Watergate it's really interesting to read the book and see how revelations came out little by little, and how ugly the coverup became eventually.

On the other hand, the focus of the book is on the drama and proper practice of journalism though, and if you're not familiar with all the people in the Nixon administration this book can get a little dull in places. Nixon figures very little in the book.

Obviously, I picked this book because I expected to find parallels to the current political climate under Trump. There were many differences- especially that Nixon was very popular at the time of this scandal- but there were also some similarities I didn't know about. The attacks on journalism and journalists, in particular, were strikingly similar. However, to my knowledge, Trump has not yet threatened the lives of any journalists, just his opposition candidate.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...