Thursday, October 26, 2017

Pax by Sara Pennypacker

PaxPax by Sara Pennypacker
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Totally adequate children's story. Kind of boring, kind of violent. My kids are not especially sensitive when it comes to fiction so I'd let them read it as soon as they were up to the reading level. The ending is good but a bit unsatisfying because "the war" is just beginning so there will be an end after the end of the book, and it probably won't be good.

No idea where this book takes place in space or in time which kind of bugs me. I kept imagining Mason-Dixon area pre-civil war but there's a tractor and a number of other things that make it certain that it's after the civil war. Red foxes are native to North America so I assume Europe is off the list for a possible setting.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...