Sunday, October 22, 2017

Love Warrior by Glennon Doyle Melton

Love WarriorLove Warrior by Glennon Doyle Melton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

My review isn't entirely about just this book. I read her first book, Carry On, Warrior: Thoughts on Life Unarmed first. That one shows her sense of humor more than this one, and based on that one I know I like her and appreciate her take on things. This second book is a better memoir, with a better chronology, story, and better writing. However, if you haven't read the first one like I did, you might think she takes herself a bit too seriously. Having read both, I think the tone of this one is more serious both because she's facing a significant crisis but also because she's revealing a lot more intimate detail about both her and her husband. I think this one is a better memoir, but the other one shows more of the real her, or at least in combination with this one shows more of the real her.

One strange thing is that because of her public nature, everyone knows more about the status of her relationship than this book actually reveals by the end.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...