Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Meet Me at the Happy Bar by Steve Langan

Meet Me at the Happy BarMeet Me at the Happy Bar by Steve Langan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

These poems possess great exactitude about the human condition and also a fair dose of dark humor. These quotes are pretty arbitrary as I found amazing lines throughout, but here are some of the ones I read last and so remembered best when I was writing this:

"You just have to believe in the suffering
of others; it's really the only way
some of us can go out into the new day."
- History of a Town

"Hurling our pain from the sidewalk into windows left open."
- Notes on Landscape

And a little bit of darkish humor I couldn't resist sharing:
"These are my (wink) deranged friends.

If I promise they won't steal anything,
do you mind if they smoke in your house?

Now don't steal anything."
- Meditation on the Campsite and the Pier

Now go read the collection so I don't end up quoting the whole thing.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...