Thursday, May 23, 2019

Shortest Way Home by Pete Buttigieg

Shortest Way Home: One Mayor's Challenge and a Model for America's FutureShortest Way Home: One Mayor's Challenge and a Model for America's Future by Pete Buttigieg
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Pretty interesting and different. Though it’s definitely political in nature it falls more on the memoir side. For example, Buttigieg spends half a chapter discussing his piano playing, and nowhere does he discuss his potential domestic and foreign policy given that he’s running for President. It’s political but not full of policy. And I get it, he’s a former consultant that probably intends to let case studies and science run his policies but I’m left filling in the blanks myself and I worry I’ll just fill them with what I would like instead of what Buttigieg actually intends. Still, an interesting memoir by an intelligent person that is well-worth reading.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...