Friday, September 28, 2018

A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess

A Clockwork OrangeA Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is almost an allegory which I'm not the biggest fan of generally. To make matters worse, it's a super disturbingly violent allegory. And like with most allegories, if I don't agree with the central concept which the author is trying to cram down my throat, then I can't really enjoy the book. No, I don't think it's better to be able to choose good and evil in the name of free will. I prefer that people not commit evil in the form of rape and murder. I don't care why they don't do it. That's between them and their God. What concerns me is the NOT raping and murdering.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...