Friday, September 7, 2018

The Year of Less by Cait Flanders

The Year of Less: How I Stopped Shopping, Gave Away My Belongings, and Discovered Life Is Worth More Than Anything You Can Buy in a StoreThe Year of Less: How I Stopped Shopping, Gave Away My Belongings, and Discovered Life Is Worth More Than Anything You Can Buy in a Store by Cait Flanders
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is more of a memoir about Flanders overcoming addictions by becoming a minimalist. In my opinion, it's not a self-help book- though Flanders did self-help to overcome her challenges. While it is about minimalism and rejecting consumerism, it's also not really an "organization" book in that it doesn't provide a guide. That said, it's an interesting memoir, well-written, and even helpful, especially if part of your issue is that you're mired in sadness or having trouble starting big life changes.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...