Wednesday, September 12, 2018

The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie

The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time IndianThe Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I thought this book was funny, irreverent, and interesting. There was a lot of children's humor in the book, but I don't think it's a children's book- there was a lot of strange inappropriate things in it- more Young Adult.

Some things bothered me. Some of the language was offensive. There was a lot of inconsistency about how Junior looked and how unhealthy or healthy he was. Small spoiler: it especially bothered me that so many characters died and that Junior experienced his grief sort of in the middle of those deaths- so it gave the effect that the last death didn't affect him as much.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...