Thursday, September 13, 2018

Junie B., First Grader: Dumb Bunny by Barbara Park

Junie B., First Grader: Dumb Bunny (Junie B. Jones, #27)Junie B., First Grader: Dumb Bunny by Barbara Park
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

My son James, who just started second grade, just finished reading this and said he liked it so I checked it out. The cover is adorable and I was kind of psyched. But all the characters are a bunch of mean conniving first-grade children. They make all the New York children I knew look like little angels.

There's also quite a bit of class warfare in the book, not that I actually object to that, but if you do, you might want to know.

And did they change the egg hunt prize that all the kids had been plotting for- a swimming playdate- at the last minute to flowers for their mother, and none of the kids cared? I was so confused.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...