Friday, September 14, 2018

Mem by Bethany C. Morrow

MemMem by Bethany C. Morrow
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The writing is good, and the story was interesting, but I couldn't get over my discomfort with the original premise. Why would you make an entire person out of a *bad* memory? For bad memory removal, the straightforward "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" seems the way to go. For human copy creation, any number of other motivations make more sense: because the original person seeks a form of immortality, or because a loved one wants to remember the person. Even the opposite reason, making a person for the conservation of a single good memory makes more sense to me. Nonetheless, enjoyable!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...